Cats’ lives are enviable, to say the least. Kitties probably have some of the best lives of all the species on the planet. Anyone who can’t see that is, in my opinion, missing the full picture.
If you’re here, chances are you’ve thought about how nice it would be to be a cat before. You might be wondering what my reasons are for wishing I was a cat every so often, and pondering about whether or not they match up with yours. Well, keep your ideas in mind because if I haven’t listed one you were thinking below, I’d love for you to tell me what enviable aspects cat lives have that I’ve forgotten about or never really stopped to consider in the comments.
In case, however, by some strange turn of events, you arrived here having never thought to yourself that it’d be nice to be a cat – well my guess is that these explanations just might give you a huge case of cat envy. Truly, even if you happen to be a dog person (*shivers*) I’d bet odds are in my favour that if you looked at cats’ and dogs’ lives closely, you’d admit to yourself and everyone around you that it’d be much nicer to be a cat.
Why exactly does everybody want to be a cat? If you’ve never understood, take a look at these explanations..
Picture from post Phone Picture Roundup Part II: Sleeping Cat Pictures
22 Reasons Why Everybody Wants to Be a Cat
- Your entire life would consist of sleeping, eating, playing, and sleeping some more. What’s there not to like?
- You as a human will never look as cute/handsome/pretty/adorable as a cat – not ever.
- Sleeping for 16 hours a day is not only expected, it’s a biological requirement; hours you can actually enjoy putting in. Beat that sleep-deprived humans!
- Also – fall asleep at the drop of a hat if that’s what you want. No insomnia for kitties.
- Your only job around the house, unlike the subservient “dog,” is looking pretty/being cute. For that you get free food and board for life.
- And let’s be real, you don’t really need humans. You could be perfectly self-sufficient without them. You just stick around cause it makes your life easier (and you happen to like your people – pretty satisfying company & kibble).
- You have remarkable hunting skills basically from birth. Not much training needed. Coolest thing ever.
- The world is quite literally your playground. All you’d need to do is find a mouse…
- Never need to take a bath or shower in your life. Literal self-cleaning abilities built into your biology.
- If you were a cat, you’d be left alone whenever you wanted to be left alone…
- …And get cuddles whenever you wanted, too.
- If you were a cat, you would never have to pretend to like people again. No one would ever expect you to. As an introvert, this perk really appeals to me.
- People would actually be over the moon with any effort at socialization you ever put in. You let somebody sit next to you?? Even that is cause for excitement, and at times, reward. Again, as an introvert, huge appeal to me with regards to this one.
- Have you ever seen a cat high on catnip? That is happiness. I don’t care how happy you think you are in life, you can never be that happy. Ever.
- Have you watched cats jump on fences and climb trees? Those reflexes and that balance… To have the ability to do that kind of thing with no effort at all – amazing!
- Night vision. See better in the dark than any human being ever could. Wicked cool.
- Speed. Crazy speed. To be able to run that fast would be a glorious thing to experience.
- Hate getting up in the morning? Groggy after naps? Would never happen if you had cat napping abilities. Imagine never having to hit the snooze button again because you can just immediately get up and be awake at 100% in seconds.
- Though to be fair, what exactly would you be needing to hit the snooze button for anyway? No work. Like I said, your only job is looking pretty and being cute and the humans will take care of all your needs for you.
- Never have to think about what to wear again! And you’re built for nearly any kind of weather.
- Forget having to pretend to like people – you don’t even have to pretend to like other cats. Or dogs. Or hamsters – basically, anything or anyone. Again, no one will expect you to, and they’ll be over the moon if you happen to.
- You won’t quite have the charm and good looks of a kitten all your life, but you’ll look damn good – no wrinkles, no nothing – up until the day you die…
Ever Wanted to Be a Cat?
There are plenty more reasons to want to be a cat besides these. In fact, I’m sure if I took a full day to think about it, I’d come up with hundreds of reasons why I’d want to be a cat.
Can you think of any reasons you’d want to be a cat off the top of your head? Is it the kind of thing you’ve thought about before?
And if you’ve never thought about it before, do you get why people have cat envy now?
Be sure to let me know in the comments’ section down below!
Tanja (the Red phone box travels) says
I’d be a great cat:)) fun post!
Elise Xavier says
Thanks, Tanja! I’m sure you would make a great cat ;).